Sunday 3 April 2011

Moving in!

It's finally happened!

I won't be specific with dates etc for obvious reasons, but I am now the proud renter of a very very nice apartment! 

Having just got back off tour I was eager to put my stamp on the place and I had ordered a kingsize bed while I was away on the internet.  I had requested that it be delivered on the Saturday afternoon, so being a bit silly thought it might actually happen.  Alas it did not and when I checked my order online it just had the word 'processing' on it, which could mean anything.  I hope it comes on Monday, as it is so frustrating having a lovely place and not being able to use it.

In the mean time I have got some of the essentials in and will be shopping again today, so I can try and create the right atmosphere.  At the moment there are no curtains and in some of the rooms there isn't even a rail or pole to put them up with, so I think I need to get a tape measure over there and get that sorted quick smart.  I've already got all the bedding and some lovely quilt covers and the bathroom is lovely.

At the moment, potentially I have an overnight booking for Tuesday, so fingers crossed the bed does arrive on time.

Why did I invest in an apartment?  Well having started doing incalls from home, it quickly became apparent that this seems to be what most clients want. I didn't want to risk my neighbours working out what I was doing, as I have lived here for several years and I do have family that also live local and the more time that past, the more I became concerned that someone will cotton on to what I was doing.  For this reason I had a max of 2 clients a day and would not entertain half hour bookings.  I could not do weekends and at best was able to work until around 3pm.  Then I discovered that my sons education was not quite as straight forward as when he was at School.  They have big gaps in the day, they often had tutors away and lots of home 'revision' time around the corner, not to forget the Summer hols looming ever forward! So... for me to remain reliable and available something had to be done.

I'm not sure exactly how I am going to work it, but initially I am looking at being at the flat by 9am during the weekday and will likely stay there until around lunch time, which means I will be able to take short notice bookings in the mornings.  After that I thought I may go back home, as I have other jobs I can be getting on with, but it's not too far away, so I think I would easily be able to take bookings with around 2 hours notice?  I will be able to use the apartment in the evening, but if it is after 8pm I need to be told asap, so I can get there earlier and not look suspicious.  Ie if I leave the house at 10pm my son is going to wonder what the hell I am up to, whereas if I leave the house at 8pm and don't return until 11pm/12pm, he will just think I've been to the pub with my friends.  Which means you can see me at 10pm, but I need to work out the logistics in order to accomodate you.

Weekends!  Yes I am happy to use the apartment at weekends, but won't go there unless I have a pre-booking.  I would appreciate a good 24 hours notice if possible, with the minimum being 2 hours.  Anything less than that and really it's not likely to be possible.

What else has changed?

There are 2 things really.  The first being half hour bookings.  I have never offered half hour bookings from home, as I just didn't think it was worth the risk.  During April I am going to trial doing them and see how it goes.  If it is just the odd one or two, I don't see it being a problem, but if I get asked to do them a lot, I may have to cap how many I do in a day.  I'm not sure how it will go, but am happy to give it a try.

Overnight bookings!  I can now offer overnight bookings as incalls.  This is very exciting for me, as I have never been able to offer these before.  The few I have done as outcalls have been fantastic and I really enjoy them, so the prospect of doing more is really good. 

Of course this is me we are talking about and I'm not known for half measures, so I have decided to devise some menus that I can offer in addition to the overnight booking.  Each menu will have a starter, main and dessert.  You choose which one you fancy and the cost will reasonable (certainly not as much as a restaurant) then I will cook for you and we can have a more intimate meal together at my place.  Perhaps a nice glass of wine to wash it down with, some nice music and...

I'm thinking breakfast could be an optional extra too.

Basically it will feel like you really are spending the evening with your girlfriend, who is keen to pamper and look after you and of course look after your every wish.

That's it really.  It's not ready yet, but I will keep you posted.

Kate x

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the apartment. Hopefully it will makes things go a little bit more smoother.
    Joe frost

    ReplyDelete