Sunday 6 May 2012

My New Camera!

Recently a friend very kindly offered me their old camera.  I say old, but when it arrived in the post, most of the bits were untouched and still in their wrappers.  I don't fully understand how to use it yet, but it has some great features on it and the one that I got using straight away was the 10 second timer with the option for x 3.  This means I can take 3 pictures, one after the other, without having to keep running back and forth between poses.  It still takes some getting used to, as I have to think about moving, otherwise you get 3 identical goofy pictures lol, but after a while you kind of get into the idea of a slight tilt of the body, arm change or smile and you can get a whole new picture and don't look rushed or in pain, as I often did when having to try and get into a position and strike a smile in ten seconds flat.

Generally the success rate of taking a decent picture has really increased and I am very happy with the quality of the pictures it is taking.  I know that I still have a lot to learn about the camera and what it can do, but oh what fun in the learning!

I've put all the pictures that I have taken in April on my website so you can see them.  Most of them are labelled under April 2012.  Feel free to take a gander and let me know what you think.  Hopefully I will be updating my pictures a lot more frequently now, so at least you will know that what you see, is what you get.

Kate x

2 comments:

  1. super pics kate,love the outfit&red hair
    peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peter. Did you notice the new album entitled 'Leather' too?

    ReplyDelete