Sunday 19 December 2010

Snow, snow, snow!!!!

Today I was meant to be going on a trip up north to visit family, but due to the weather it has been postponed.  I am a little disappointed as it is an annual event and quite a trek with a 3 hour drive, but hopefully there will be another opportunity before the holiday period is over.

I got up quite early this morning and really wanted to catch the weather before it started to change or the snow had a chance to lose it's virginal good looks.  I was out the house by about 9.30am and started my scenic walk with camera in hand.  I have to say not being a great walker I really enjoyed myself.  I took lots of snaps and stumbled across some families sledging, which was a lovely site to see.  There is something rather wholesome and sadly old fashioned about seeing families having fun together and it kind of saddened me that I was not in a position to do so, still I was able to talk to a few strangers on my way and pass the time of day.

Here are a couple of pictues that I have taken.  I'm not professional, but they may see the beauty that I saw when I took them.




There are more, but I'm sure this is enough to give you a taste :')

Afterward I went and visited my Mum who was working on Christmas preperations.  It was quite funny as she was talking about how silly my sister is being with money and not prioritising and in the next breath she told me she had spent £600 in the last week!  I am supposed to be the spend thrift in this family.  What do they think they are doing?  I am definitely going to be losing my title, as I've not actually spent much this week, but have made a fair bit having spent 3 days in Cheltenham *big smile*.

Having had a nice walk and spent an hour chatting with my Mum, we ventured to the local supermarket on foot.  I'm so glad we were on foot too, as when we got to the shop the traffic was grid lock with people trying to get out.  It's very badly designed and the same problem is often occurring.  It's really not like a major supermarket to cut corners for profit, so I'm not sure why they didn't put a bit more thought into it.  (That was me being sarcastic by the way :0))

I decided that roast chicken was in order to combat the cold weather and bought a nice big cauliflower to make cauliflower cheese with.  This would be accompanied by roast parsnips, potatoes, bread sauce, stuffing, gravy and the obligatory sprouts.  This was nicely washed down with a glass of shiraz.

Having warmed up and had my fill of food and caught up on a few choice programmes, I'm sat wondering how plausible it is for me to venture down to Oxford tomorrow.  I have one firm booking with a regular, although nothing else as yet.  I of course would not want to let the regular down, but don't have the best vehicle in the world for snow driving, so will have to be very steady as I drive.  I will see how the weather looks in the morning and hopefully it will be dry and not too icey on the roads.  Perhaps I won't stay too late and venture home the same evening.

It's funny how something so dangerous can be so appealing.  I geniunely do love it and really wish I had someone to go sledging with.  It would have made my day to join the other people sliding down the hill, but being on my own I just couldn't do it.  The downside to being single, still the upside is that I get to meet people like your self with a clear conscience and have a lot of fun, so it's not all bad.

Until the next time, take care, don't take any risks and travel safely.

Kate x


No comments:

Post a Comment